Applications Engineer - Medical Devices
Location : Parsippany NJ US 07054
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19157-MK1
Compensation : 70000.00 - 90000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Medical Devices
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Applications Engineer responsible for designing and developing new and revised products for new and existing customers.
- Expand, support and initiate long term technical relationships with key OEM customers.
- Responsible for OEM management including communication, quality reports, engineering technical support and custom design.
- Assist design and manufacturing in the development of new and/or revised product according to customer requirements.
- Provide timely reports summarizing findings on a given product, project or territory.
- Provide technical training of customers in products as required.
- Assist and train sales team in adapting current and new products to customer need and satisfaction.
- Support product sales plans relating to pricing, life cycle and forecasting.
- Investigate market needs for innovative products and communicate them to R&D Engineering for product development .
- Conduct market research through trade associations, internet investigation and corporate services.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Minimum 5 years experience working in the medical manufacturing environment.
- Technical Knowledge and experience with fluid power systems
- Experience with Solidworks or similar for 3D design.
- Experience with FEA, Fluidics, and Thermal Analysis a plus.
- Experience with IVD and/or analytical chemistry instrumentation.
- Experience with piston pumps, diaphragm, and/or pinch valves.
- Regulatory experience (FDA, UL, CSA, CE) a plus.
- Business experience a plus.
- Electrical background in control and/or sensor implementation a plus.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Sales skills a plus.
Contact: Monique Kleiman