Buyer - Supply Chain
Location : Nyack NY US 10960
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 19330-BZ1
Compensation : open - 30-32/h
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 7
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract position for a Buyer to procure and plan all materials, products and services utilized throughout the company.
- Creates spreadsheets to track/identify cost analysis, supplier on time, quality issues, continuous improvement, etc.
- Works with Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering, etc to identify suppliers who are able to provide products that meet quality standards and commercial requirements.
- Develops processes which improve productivity and streamline activities of materials while increasing the efficiency of the team.
- Maintains open communication and a strong functional relationship with all suppliers through verbal and written communications.
- Assists all areas of production with the day-to-day needs related to part shortages or concerns needed to satisfy customers on time shipments.
- Works closely with materials team members to develop supplier agreements. Monitors and updates all purchase orders to ensure that all pricing, delivery dates, QTY's, etc are correct and current.
- Negotiates improved lead times, cost reductions, kanban releases with suppliers.
- Works with Accounting and Receiving regarding all pricing, delivery and receipts issues.
- Follow through on root cause action items and creates a detailed spreadsheet to track and record all actions and issues.
- Works with Materials team to setup and maintain the Kanban CAD system for material releasing to suppliers and material flow to point of use.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Business Administration or Engineering
- Minimum 7 years experience in material purchasing within a lean manufacturing environment.
- CPM or APICS membership preferred
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Experience negotiating with vendors and suppliers.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky