Chemical Engineer - Manufacturing / Process Design
Location : Menlo Park NJ US 08837
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19194-MM1
Compensation : 100000.00 - 125000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Chemical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Manufacturing
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Chemical Process Engineer to provide technical support to the manufacturing facility.
- Developing and executing projects involving improvements in safety, energy efficiency, increases in production capacity, improvements in product quality, design and installation of new equipment and maintaining and creating standard operating procedures.
- Key team member of the owner's project execution team, in some cases leading the implementation of smaller projects and for larger projects, coordinating process design activities performed by engineering contractors.
- Perform process studies to identify manufacturing and energy efficiency improvement opportunities.
- Present results to management both verbally and in written reports.
- Update and maintain documentation such as material balances, P&IDs and automation functional descriptions.
- Process modeling studies utilizing tools such as ChemCAD or Aspen.
- Participating in development of project premises and detailed scopes.
- Obtain and analyze operating data as needed.
- Evaluate process data to identify improvement opportunities.
- Preparing process datasheets for equipment and instrumentation.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Chemical Engineering
- Mininmum 5 years of experience in process design for large-scale process manufacturing.
- Experience in food, biodiesel, petrochemical or chemical industries highly desired.
- Experience with heat and mass balances, fluid transport and reaction chemistry.
- Experience with process data sheets for key process equipment such as pumps, heat exchangers, pressure vessels and filters.
- Experience with process simulation software such as Aspen or ChemCAD.
Contact: Mark Manz