Civil Engineer - Deputy Director of Solid Waste
Location : Rutherford NJ US 07070
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 18910-BZ
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Civil Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Civil Engineer to manage all activities related to Solid Waste operations, including technical, financial and administrative functions.
- Provide engineering design and participates in project management and contract administration.
- Performs review of shop drawings and construction supervision.
- Prepares and administers RFQs and RFPs, and oversees the public bidding process.
- Assists with the preparation of State and Federal agency permits.
- Supervises Division personnel.
- Supervises numerous leachate pumping stations and pretreatment systems and solid waste landfills, including hands-on field work.
- Contributes to team effort by completing assigned tasks on an as needed basis.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures as set forth in the Personnel Manual and/or official communications and addendums thereto.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Civil Engineering required
- PE license required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in various aspects of solid waste facilities design and engineering.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and AutoCAD required, along with the ability to use standard office equipment (i.e. computer) and engineering software.
- Must possess excellent working knowledge of NJDEP regulations.
- Supervisory or project management experience with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of soil remediation testing standards.
- Experience in the design and operation of pumping stations a plus.
- Prior experience with contract administration required
- Basic knowledge of structural engineering for review of structural drawings prepared by others a plus.
- Cost estimating experience a plus.
- Must be able to multitask effectively.
- Excellent human relations, organizational, administrative and written communication skills are essential, along with the ability to interact with the public on a daily basis.
- This position requires the ability to climb, traverse rough terrain, lift moderate weight and withstand exposure to inclement weather.
Salary commensurate with experience and education
Contact: Bill Zukowsky