Civil Engineer - Infrastructure
Location : New York NY US 10001
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 18945-DE
Compensation : 110000.00 - 114000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 6
Required Education : BS Civil Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Staff Civil Engineer to serve as the Engineering Department's Project Lead Engineer for delivering engineering studies and projects of varying complexity.
- This requires coordinating the activities of in-house design professionals or consultants and to be the point of contact for client infrastructure departments.
- Perform civil preliminary and final design services that conform to applicable design standards/guidelines and codes.
- Preparation of Contract Documents consisting of drawings, technical specifications, construction cost estimates, and purchase orders.
- Produce biddable and constructible Contract Documents to meet the requirements of the Client Department within time schedules and budgets.
- Prepare the civil engineering scope of work, schedule and budget and assist the Engineering Program Management Unit with preparation of project proposals, including changes that may arise.
- Prepare scope of work, design criteria and independent staff cost estimate for professional engineering services to be performed by independent consultant(s).
- Review consultant proposals, negotiate cost, and ensure schedule/budget compliance.
- Audit the consultant's deliverables such as engineering studies, designs and contract documents for construction projects.
- Negotiate schedules with other functional disciplines (i.e. structural, traffic, mechanical, environmental, electrical and geotechnical) and Project Managers.
- Perform facility site inspections.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Civil Engineering
- Minimum 6 years civil design experience including any of the following: airfields, storm water and sanitary sewer collection systems, roadway geometry, pavements, water supply, or trackwork.
- Experience in engineering small to complex civil infrastructure design projects.
- Working knowledge of guidelines and standards such, but not limited to, FAA circulars, AASHTO or AREMA.
- Proficient in Civil 3D software application.
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of New York or State of New Jersey.
Contact: Darren Elg