Contract Specialist - Construction
Location : Newark NJ US 07114
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 18965-JF
Compensation : 30.00 - 40.00 USD/HOUR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : High School Diploma / GED
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Contract Specialist under the general supervision of the Resident Engineer, performs support duties of a diverse nature requiring some independent analysis, exercise of judgment in task execution, and detailed knowledge of company procedures related to the work performed.
- Preparing and/or reviewing payment applications and performing desk audits of contractor billings.
- Document control of documentation from Contractors for all aspects of contract.
- Preparing monthly reports and monitoring contracts.
- Preparing Project Meeting Minutes, preparing general correspondence, faxing, shipping.
- Posting information to logs, maintaining databases, records and filing systems.
- Making follow up calls and appointments.
- Communicating by phone, email, and 2-way radio.
- Monitoring inventory; and coordinating processes.
Required Qualifications :
- High School Diploma
- Experience with construction and construction terms and proficient in data entry.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written, verbal communication.
- Experience preparing and/or reviewing payment applications and performing desk audits of contractor billings.
- Experience preparing monthly reports and monitoring contracts.
- Experience preparing Project Meeting Minutes, preparing general correspondence, faxing, shipping.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, PRIMAVERA, EXPEDITION.
Contact: John Forsatz