Design for Reliability (DfR) Engineer - Mechatronics
Location : Norwalk CT US 06850
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 18699-BZ-MM1
Compensation : 120000.00 - 135000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Reliability Engineer in support of multiple complex product lines to address any product reliability concerns and make appropriate recommendations to meet compliance objectives for optical modules and/or mechatronic assemblies.
- Orchestrate reliability tools/methods, e.g. DFR, FMEA, deployment through the whole organization during the design phase.
- Responsible for the design, oversight, and execution of reliability/serviceability tests including accelerated life testing, environmental stress screening, HALT, HASS, and reliability demonstration testing.
- Research new reliability processes by conducting experiments, identifying methods to demonstrate and predict product reliability.
- Work with architects and project leaders to identify risks based on required system functionality, rank risks, and advocate to ensure there are risk mitigation plans.
- Manage development schedules related to new or enhanced products.
- Accountable for the definition and development of the vision, strategy and roadmap for deployment of new Tools in Reliability that is applied on completed modules (Mechatronics, Software, Electrical, and Mechanical).
- Remain knowledgeable and in compliance with all company Environmental, Health and Safety practices and proactively address EHS issues that exist within the employee's immediate work environment.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Reliability Engineering.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Must have strong experience in reliability predictions, reliability growth, and/or reliability modeling
- Experience in FMEA and/or DFR
- Minimum 3 years experience with electronics reliability, optical modules and/or mechatronic assemblies preferred.
- Reliasoft a strong plus.
- Six Sigma training and certification a plus.
- Understanding of Industry Technology Roadmaps.
Contact: Mark Manz