Director of Engineering - MEP / HVAC
Location : Oradell NJ US 07649
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19032-AS-JF
Compensation : 100000.00 - 140000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Electrical, Computer or Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Mechanical Engineer or Electrical Engineer to act as Director of Engineering for the Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing division for retail, restaurant and hospitality spaces in the Northern NJ office.
- Design mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire alarm systems for retail and restaurant projects of between 1,000 to 60,000 S.F. across the US and Canada.
- Lead a team of project managers and drafters.
- Communicate with Clients, building Officials, Landlords, and the Architectural staff.
- Coordinate and manage multiple projects and clients in short periods of time.
- Review state and local code compliance.
- Prepare reports and presentations for client meetings.
- Complete energy compliance reports, Com Check, Title 24, etc.
- Responsible for project schedule and budget.
Required Qualifications :
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing design for retail, restaurant and hospitality spaces.
- Experience in leading and directing a team in order to meet the fast-paced schedule of retail.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD with strong 3D design skills required, and basic knowledge of Revit, Sketch up, Photoshop or Illustrator preferred.
- Extensive experience preparing construction documents and field observation required.
Contact: John Forsatz