Director of Quality & Safety - Food Packaging
Location : Fair Lawn NJ US 07410
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19053-LL
Compensation : 80000.00 - 90000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Engineering or Manufacturing
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for Director of Quality Control and Safety to oversee the company ISO 9001 and FSSC Food Safety compliance for food packaging products.
- Responsible for identifying problems, leading continuous improvement efforts and implementing solutions, including studying means to reduce waste and delays in all manufacturing processes.
- Responsible for overseeing the plant's efforts to maintain a safe working environment for all employees.
- Actively supervise the Quality Control function and staff.
- Establish, refine, and ensure compliance with quality control procedures to ensure that the product made meets the customer's specifications.
- Ensure that quality requirements and the quality policy are adequately defined, understood, and distributed and that procedures are in place to support them.
- Maintain appropriate lab testing equipment to perform testing of finished boxes as well as applicable incoming raw materials.
- Ensure that staff is trained and versed in the use of lab testing equipment.
- Establish and maintain procedures for timely collection, appropriate analysis of data, and distribution of quality and job performance information.
- Collaborate in the diagnosis and evaluation of manufacturing quality problems with other staff members to determine cause, assign responsibility for corrective action, and report results.
- Establish an incoming materials inspection process in collaboration with internal customers and inspect incoming material for compliance with pre-determined specifications.
- Establish a relationship with external customers to understand their packaging requirements and the nuances of their line filling equipment.
- Maintain the company's quality management system compliant to ISO 9001 requirements. This function includes control of quality system documents and data control, training, auditing, control of non-conformances and corrective & preventive action.
- Organize and conduct internal quality audits in all departments affected by the ISO 9001 standard.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering or Manufacturing.
- Extensive knowledge of packaging and/or manufacturing industry and minimum 3 years experience in quality or manufacturing processes.
- Training in statistical process control and quality techniques.
- Strong analytical and project management skills. (TQM, LEAN)
- Knowledge and experience in Quality Management Systems & Food Safety Systems with emphasis in the ISO 9001 & FSSC 22000 standard, including Quality and Food Safety System Auditing is required.
- Must have understanding of plant, manufacturing, maintenance operations, as well as schedules and budgets.
Contact: Lars Ludvigsen