Document Control / Project Controls Specialist - Engineering
Location : Morris Plains NJ US 07950
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 18975-MK1
Compensation : 60000.00 - 70000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Document Control / Project Controls Specialist for Engineering Design Projects.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the Document Control / Management processes for assigned projects.
- Provide support in the control of project documents and records per the companies internal Control of Project Documents and Naming and Storing procedures.
- Prepare documents with customer specific cover page, transmittal and file name formats and process documents out to customer and received from customer.
- Organize and maintain Project files, drawings and records in an efficient and easy retrievable manner.
- Support folder administration and maintenance of managed documents for multiple projects.
- Ensure alignment with in-house processes and procedures, as well as customer specific requirements.
- Support and manage documentation between multiple Project Managers, Engineers, vendors, customers, quality department, and all common interfaces of a project.
- Perform electronic receipt, recording, tracking, reporting, and disposition of project documents in a timely manner to ensure all project documents are up to date (transmittals print and store documents).
- Ensure all relevant project documents are stored in a controlled manner and maintain a Controlled Log and/or Document Index.
- Ensure latest document revision is managed and archive obsolete documents.
- Create end-of-project manuals: compile, check for accuracy, format and issue to customer.
- Printing/scanning of project documents and accessories.
- Ensure latest revisions are delivered to vendors and obsolete drawings are retrieved.
Required Qualifications :
- Minimum of 5 years experience with documentation control in an engineering project environment.
- Experience with documentation from engineering, vendors, customers, and quality assurance.
- Experience with project files, drawings and records for engineering projects.
- Experience maintaining control logs and/or document indexes.
- Experience with logging documentation electronically for receipt, recording, tracking, reporting and disposition of project documents.
Contact: Monique Kleiman