Electrical Engineer - Construction Inspector
Location : Newark NJ US 07114
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 18961-JF
Compensation : 50.00 - 55.00 USD/HOUR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Electrical Construction Inspector for projects mainly involving electrical, electronics, electrical substations, high tension work, A/C utility service, controls and SCADA, security and camera systems, fire alarm monitoring systems, fire suppression systems, building management systems, intercom systems, radio systems, microwave systems.
- Some mechanical, civil, structural and plumbing knowledge is beneficial.
- Communicate with Resident Engineer, Contract Staff, facility staff both in person and via two way communications.
- Read and interpret plans and specifications and prepare written contract administration documentation, such as daily narratives (work reports), special inspection reports, daily time and material records, and document unit price work.
- Identify potential extra work issues and keep Resident Engineer advised of issues.
- Prepare estimates of extra work.
- Prepare related sketches and documentation.
- Review plans for constructability and prepare comments.
- Review contractor payment requests and recommend reasonableness to the Resident Engineer.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years experience inspecting construction projects ranging from $500K to $5 million plus with multiple crews and crew sizes per shift.
- Trained in minimum OSHA 10-hour construction safety, and fall protection, confined space and permit required confined space entry
- Certification in Work Zone Safety.
- Ability to stay late or come in early as needed.
- Night and weekend shifts may be required.
- Ability to Pass a SWAC Background Check
- Valid Driver's license required.
- Working knowledge of the latest National Electric Code and testing criteria for all types of electrical systems.
- Experience working in restricted areas and adhering to associated protocols a plus.
Contact: John Forsatz