Electrical Engineer - Controls Engineer
Location : Springfield NJ US 07081
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 19293-JF1
Compensation : open - 45-55/h
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract position for an Electrical Engineer to design Instrumentation and Control systems.
- Prepares preliminary engineering drawings, Bills of Materials, software programs as directed by a Senior Instrumentation & Controls Engineer
- Develops the required CAD drawings using in a timely manner.
- Develops Preliminary Bills of Materials.
- Configures PLC and Computer hardware in accordance with established company standards.
- Performs the design of PLC programs and Operator Interface graphics and the associated databases.
- Assists in system start-ups when required.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years Instrumentation & Controls engineering design or Control System Engineering experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member within an engineering organization.
- General Knowledge of Auto-Cad and Bentley System Promis-E a plus.
- Knowledge/experience in PLC controls (primarily Allen Bradley ControlLogix & CompactLogix).
- HMI knowledge/experience in Wonderware Intouch or Rockwell Factory Talk.
- Knowledge of the applicable codes and standards such as the National Electric Code, the ISA Standards and Practices, and applicable ANSI Standards.
- Knowledge/experience with various communications networks such as Ethernet, Cable, Fiber, Wireless, Telecom, etc. using common industrial protocols such as DH+, DH485, Modbus, Modbus TCP/IP, EtherNet/IP, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus.
Contact: John Forsatz