Electrical Engineer - Electrical / Electronic Systems
Location : Mahwah NJ US 07430
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 18855-DE-2
Compensation : 85000.00 - 105000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 7
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Electrical Engineer to design rugged electronics enclosures and consoles for the Defense industry.
- Review and analyze customer needs and propose adequate technical solutions.
- Design all relevant electrical assemblies such as power distribution units, status panels and top level harness.
- Select electrical components and electronics assuring compliance with specifications and product requirements.
- Interact with the mechanical engineers during the design phase of the product for proper electrical layout.
- Develop the manufacturing baseline for the entire harness.
- Provide technical support to other engineers, Purchasing, suppliers, Quality Control and Production throughout the product development and manufacturing. Provide technical support to Customers throughout the life of the product.
- The engineer could act as the Project Lead for selective contracts.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 7 years experience with communication protocols (TCP/IP, SNMP, IEEE 802), interfaces (PLC, Ethernet, USB, fiber, RS232).
- Experience with EMI / EMC compliance and Mil-Stds.
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical.
- Must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain DoD security clearance as position is with a defense contractor.
Contact: Darren Elg