Electrical Engineer - Hardware Design (LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY)
Location : Farmington Hills MI US 48331
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 18504-MM
Compensation : 70000.00 - 100000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 7
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Electrical Engineer for hardware design of industrial low voltage embedded circuit solutions, schematic design and capture, and PCB layout.
- Troubleshooting of design issues as well as regulatory/certification process and engineering support throughout the product life cycle.
- Design, develop circuit and PCB layouts for SMT & Through Hole applications for industrial control low power I/O devices, solenoid coil driver circuits and industrial network communication applications.
- Circuit design to CE EMI/EMC testing standards (e.g. EN 55011 -1998, IEC 61000-4, etc.)
- Create component specification and hardware test specification based on required parameters, performance and cost criteria.
- Interface with firmware design/development team and mechanical engineering team.
- Provide post production support by identifying complex technical issues, evaluating options, and implementing solutions.
- Specify appropriate test equipment and engineering tools.
- Contribute to cost reduction programs of existing product designs.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering or BS Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years experience with digital design including logic, microcontrollers, SPI, I 2C, RS485, etc.
- Experience with Microchip PIC family, MPLAB, Atmel AVR, Freescale, ARM, ColdFire, SoC, etc.
- Experience with schematics, component data sheets and electronic test equipment.
- Altium Schematic Capture and Layout tools.
- Analog design experience including active/passive filters, amplifiers, 0 -10V, 4-20mA, etc.
- Experience with switching power supply circuits,
- Experience with FPGA design using VHDL desired.
- Knowledge of C/C++ language in embedded environments desired.
- Knowledge of industrial networks (EtherNet/IP, PROFINET, DeviceNet, Profibus-DP, EtherCAT,
- etc.) a plus.
- Circuit simulation experience a plus.
Contact: Mark Manz