Electrical Engineer - Machine Controls - PLCs
Location : Fairfield NJ US 07004
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 18768-JF-3
Compensation : 80000.00 - 90000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Electrical Engineer to design machine controls for industrial equipment and machinery.
- Designs drive and control aspects of all machines to meet customer requirements
- Produces electrical parts list for bill of materials (BOMs).
- Uses AutoCAD to generate electrical drawings, assembly drawings, and installation drawings.
- Works with manufacturing to ensure final completion of control systems.
- Responsible for electrical machinery issues.
- Specifies electrical standards.
- Develops efficient and economical electrical designs.
- Responsible for researching and utilizing new technologies for improved performance and cost savings.
- Provides electrical support to sales and manufacturing.
- Provides guidance and feedback to machine wirers and electrical designers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience with AutoCAD to design machine controls.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Literate in PLC programming.
- Superior Electro-Mechanical understanding.
- Knowledge and understanding of machine drive systems.
- Excellent conceptual ability. Ability to create technical drawings from verbal ideas and/or simple sketches.
- Analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to analyze processes and pro-actively suggest improvements.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Flexibility to handle multiple and changing priorities. Ability to redirect resources to meet deadlines.
Contact: John Forsatz