Electrical Engineer - Power Distribution
Location : Parsippany NJ US 07054
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19173-JF-AS1
Compensation : 120000.00 - 170000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineer
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Senior Electrical Engineer for power distribution / power generation projects.
- Responsible for preliminary conceptual system design & layout, detailed design, equipment selection & layout, construction specifications, protective relay selection, relay settings & coordination studies, equipment testing and start-up problem resolution.
- Reviews and approves detailed design work done by outside engineering firms for new facility construction or major modifications at operating facilities.
- Provides technical support to operating power generation facilities.
- Analyzes operating plant problems or equipment failures & provides corrective changes.
- Coordinate with utilities regarding interconnection & power purchase contracts.
- Coordinate with A/E equipment suppliers & contractors.
- Places new equipment in service to include providing on-site consulting/overview of equipment installation and preparation for service.
- Manages all electrical aspects of assigned engineering projects.
- Determines feasibility of designing new or modifying existing facilities considering costs, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical and economic factors.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering
- PE License or willing to commit to obtain one.
- Minimum 10 years engineering experience with High, Medium & Low Voltage electrical power generation and distribution systems in power plants or co-generation facilities.
- Must be able to work on multiple concurrent projects with minimal supervision.
- Experience with facility operations support is desirable.
- Must have effective written and oral communication skills; must be able to analyze data, write technical reports, and develop work packages to implement recommendations and the ability to handle multiple assignments.
Contact: Alex Salewycz