Electrical Engineering Manager
Location : Cary NC US 27511
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19102-MK1
Compensation : 90000.00 - 110000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Electrical Engineering Manager who plans, manages, and coordinates the engineering design work requiring the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out the complex design of electrical and electronic three-phase AC motor control and diesel engine control products for fire pump controllers and industrial pump controllers.
- Supervises design control engineers, CAD operators, technicians, subcontractors and consultants.
- Conducts feasibility study, generates specifications, and schedules standard product line development programs through engineering.
- Produces modern, reliable, and cost-effective designs.
- Coordinates release of design to manufacturing and monitors pilot production run through manufacturing.
- Evaluates performance of pilot run giving final approval for the first production run.
- Conducts test on designs making fundamental electrical and electronic measurements in the lab using standard lab equipment such as oscilloscopes and multi-meters.
- Generates any test procedures and technical manuals required with the product.
- Maintains existing fire pump control product line through periodic update and improvement of electrical and electronic controls.
- Supervises and prepares technical proposals, pricing, and delivery on engineered orders. Supports sales in making sales calls, customer contacts, and training programs.
- Supports manufacturing in the methods of assembly and use of test equipment and in the repair of controller products.
- Manages the efforts of the engineering staff in product compliance with the regulatory environment to include UL, FM, CE, OSHPD and other agencies.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of electrical / electronic engineering design experience.
- Project management skills and experience.
- Solid organizational and interpersonal skills and leadership abilities.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Experience with Industrial Low Voltage AC Motor Controls, VFD's and PLC's.
- Electronic measurement and control skills, serial data communications skills.
- UL 508A Industrial Control Standard and National Electric Code .
- PE License preferred.
Contact: Monique Kleiman