Electro-Mechanical Engineer / Designer
Location : Norwalk CT US 06850
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 18535-BZ-MK-6
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Electronics
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Mechanical Engineer to design electro-mechanical equipment for precision electronic equipment.
- The core responsibilities of the Electro-Mechanical Engineering Sustaining
- Produce modified production designs due to safety, reliability and End of Life Issues.
- Design or modify test hardware and documentation.
- Investigate and edit product structures based on use codes (usable/reworkable, not usable/reworkable, not usable/reworkable, or not usable/not reworkable) encompassing impact to supply chain and inventory, WIP, and FAT (Factory Acceptance Testing).
- Manage co-developers for design documentation, Engineering Change implementation, and review.
- Create, edit, review, and drive Incident Proposals and Engineering Changes to closure.
- Documentation of AC, DC, main power distribution (panel boards, boxes and cabinets) and power supply selection, interconnect cables and bundles (harnessing), electronic racks, cabinets, control consoles and
- printed circuit board design including volumes and critical part locations.
- Support the integration & testing of electrical & electronic systems at the module, sub-system & system level.
- Write test procedures, test specifications and test reports.
Required Qualifications :
- BS - Mechanical Engineering or related engineering degree.
- Approximately 3-8 years experience in electro-mechanical design.
- Working knowledge of wiring diagrams and schematic diagrams.
- Experience using NX, Unigraphics and TeamCenter DMS for 3D CAD design.
- Experience with GD&T.
- Knowledgeable of industry codes and standards ( i.e. NEC 70, NFPA 79, Machine Tool Standards).
- Experience testing & troubleshooting of electrical & electronic systems to component level.
- Salary dependent on experience.
Contact: Monique Kleiman