Location : Northvale NJ US 07647
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19220-BZ1
Compensation : 80000.00 - 89000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Mechanical Engineer for electro-mechanical new product development and refinement or existing products.
- Participation in meetings and discussions about ideas and solutions as well as knowledge of competitor's products will be required.
- Investigate suitable materials and cost analysis.
- Take ideas, sketches, and direction to transform them to 3D drawings.
- Produce design ideas for concept purposes and refinement .
- Propose better solutions for existing products.
- Build and assemble prototypes.
- Research vendors and possible bid processes.
- Keep project notes and maintain testing records.
- Value engineering - taking existing functionality and modify designs to add additional value through cheaper more efficient parts and procedures or by product sourcing.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering required.
- Knowledge of Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of product design.
- Ability to solve engineering problems independently.
- Experience with SolidWorks or like software.
- Experience with the Sheet Metal Forming Tools.
- Able to import dxf files and create 3D models.
- Experience with plastic and plastic materials.
- Ability to manage costings and budgets.
- Familiarity with production processes, including injection molding, vacuum forming, and sheet metal part design and processing.
- Basic electronic component knowledge desired.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky