Location : Middletown NJ US 07748
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 19216-JF1
Compensation : open - 17-18/h
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : AAS Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technology
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract position for an electronic technician to perform incoming inspection on surface mount printed wiring boards.
- Ensure that assembly and solder quality conform to IPC specifications.
- Perform repair and rework on printed wiring boards.
- Must be able to work with all types of modern surface mount component packages, including ball grid arrays.
- Must be able to perform "white-wire" modifications including changing components, cutting traces, and wiring new connections.
- Perform wiring of circuit and circuit modules guided by schematic diagrams and other documentation.
- Research and recommend purchase of lab equipment as requested by development engineers.
- Handle all aspects of returning equipment to vendors for upgrades and repairs.
- Order components and lab tools.
- Assist test engineers with making high-speed optical transmission performance measurements.
Required Qualifications :
- AAS Electrical Engineering Technology preferred.
- IPC-A-610D / IPC J-STD-001D Certification preferred.
- Familiar with the requirements and techniques of lead-free soldering.
- Experience handling ESD-sensitive boards and components, removal and installation of surface mount devices on high-density boards using both
- leaded and lead-free soldering processes, and inspection of electrical subassemblies.
- Experience splicing single-mode and polarization-maintaining optical fiber and handling / routing of optical fiber in subassemblies is desired.
- Experience with LabView or LabWindows desired.
- Experience with excel - entering and plotting data is desired.
Contact: John Forsatz