Embedded Firmware Engineer
Location : Novi MI US 48374
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19467-AS1
Compensation : 90000.00 - 115000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Embedded Firmware Engineer to plan, design, develop and implement firmware for microcontrollers (from inception to deployment) for use in industrial I/O devices that interface with prominent industrial network protocols (EtherNet/IP, DeviceNet, Profinet, Profibus-DP, EtherCAT, etc.).
- Responsible for project status reporting and obtaining development schedules and milestones including reviewing code, testing and validation plans.
- Additionally, the position requires that all development practices are in compliance with best practices for code development, reuse and portability.
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining all records and metrics related to the software development process.
Required Qualifications :
- BS degree in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering or 10+ years of equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience in embedded firmware/software engineering including troubleshooting on embedded targets and C/C++ programming.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, source code control tools, and peer review including Eclipse, Mercurial (or other DVCS), and GCC.
- Expertise with OS coding techniques, interfaces and hardware subsystems.
- Proven experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems (RTOS), including OS coding techniques, interfaces and hardware subsystems.
- Expertise with TCP/IP protocols.
- Experience with schematics, component data sheets and electronic test equipment.
Contact: Alex Salewycz