Engineer I, II, III - Solid Waste
Location : Wilmington DE US 19801
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19050-DE
Compensation : 63000.00 - 110000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2-10+
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Facility / Field Engineer for the implementation of multiple engineering projects, serve as a back up to a facility manager as a facility engineer and / or work as a landfill gas engineer.
- Manages, plans, organizes, budgets and implements engineering projects.
- Prepares technical reports and monthly reports and data analysis using computer techniques.
- Conducts inspections of projects for contract compliance.
- Prepares permit applications and required reporting to state and federal authorities.
- Directs specific studies and research projects.
- Coordinates efforts with those of other local, state and federal organizations.
- Prepares technical and engineering specifications for engineering projects.
- Provides oversight and quality assurance of engineering projects.
- Assists in negotiations of contracts.
- Represents the company at technical conferences and act as a liaison with other organizations, municipalities, industry, state, interstate, and federal agencies.
Required Qualifications :
- Requires a BS in civil, environmental, chemical or mechanical engineering or related field.
- Must possess valid driver's license.
- Knowledge of applicable state, federal and departmental laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Skill in conducting field studies, tests, surveys and investigations.
- Ability to prepare statistical and technical reports, compile data and perform economic analyses.
- Field engineering work is approximately 30% of the job for maintenance and upkeep of the facility.
- This position may require lifting up to 50 pounds.
- This position risks exposure to indoor environment, outdoor environment, noise, extreme temperatures, moisture and/or humidity, dust, fumes, gases, electrical hazards, mechanical hazards, and explosive hazards.
- This is a safety sensitive position and requires drug testing as a condition of employment.
Engineer level I requires (2) years of work experience in engineering, preferably the solid waste field and an Engineer Intern certification.
Engineer level II requires (6) years experience and (1) year supervisory experience and a PE license from Delaware.
Engineer level III requires (10) years experience and (2) years supervisory experience and a PE license from Delaware.
Contact: Darren Elg