Expeditor - Engineering Equipment
Location : Springfield NJ US 07081
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19027-JF-DE
Compensation : 50000.00 - 70000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Expeditor for engineering process equipment.
- Contact vendors throughout the fabrication cycle to ensure schedule is being met.
- Maintains delivery dates in ERP software by updating PO Lines.
- Notifies Project Manager and QA Manager of delivery date changes.
- Provides advanced notification to Project Manager and Manuals group that equipment is ready to ship.
- Works with vendors, fabrication shops, other 3rd parties and customers to track and log shipments between locations.
- Procures shipping documentation such as BOL’s, Packing Lists and proof of delivery, files information to designated project.
- Performs the receiving function in ERP software for Project items delivered to fabrication shops and/or job site.
- Provides back up function to Warehouse Manager for receipt of goods at warehouse.
- Works with Vendors and Fabrication Shops to coordinate shipment of materials between locations.
- Works with shipping companies to coordinate shipments of large equipment and items from vendors/fabricators to job site.
- Responsible for the creation and/or validation of packing lists for equipment shipments.
- Works with Project Managers for obtaining shipping quotes for equipment and bulk items – LTL or dedicated truck (should be familiar with shipping and logistics, specialized shipments, oversized loads, multiple stop pickups, etc.).
- Obtains and forwards vendor literature such as test reports, material test certificates, instruction and operation manuals, etc.
- Works with Document Control for the procuring of overdue documentation.
- Works with Accounts Payable to resolve issues with vendor payments.
- Procure / expedite vendor acknowledgement of purchase orders and enter status into ERP software.
Required Qualifications :
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Proficient in spreadsheet and database applications
- Effective interpersonal skills to work with clients, sub-vendors and internal customers.
Contact: Darren Elg