Failure Analysis Engineer - Opto-electronics
Location : New Providence NJ US 07974
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19234-AS-DE1
Compensation : 80000.00 - 90000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering or Physics
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Failure Analysis Engineer responsible for the physical and electrical isolation of failures in the fabrication of semiconductor lasers and RF devices.
- Conducts necessary tests to determine failure mechanism and root cause of customer returns, line yield issues, internal qualifications/production material and product development failures.
- Conducts non-destructive tests such as optical micrsoscopy, electrical bench verification, defect isolation and other techniques such as x-ray or acoustic analysis
- Conducts destructive analyses including chemical and physical decapsulation, SEM / FIB cross section, photoemission microscopy, and wet & dry sample preparation.
- Generates high quality failure analysis reports to aid in the root cause identification and corrective actions to eliminate failure mechanisms.
- Closely collaborates with colleagues in product & process engineering, yield & device engineering to find and fix root causes.
- Directs job to external companies as necessary to provide analytical services which are not available in-house.
- Collaborates with global cross-functional teams within the company to determine best FA practices
Required Qualifications :
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related technical field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in failure analysis of opto-electonics.
- Experience in semiconductor device analysis or failure analysis.
- Hands-on knowledge of physical analysis techniques, including non-destructive and destructive testing.
- Domestic and international travel may be required.
Contact: Darren Elg