Fire Protection Inspector
Location : Harrison NJ US 07029
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19321-MK1
Compensation : 25.00 - 35.00 USD/HOUR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Fire Protection Inspector for testing and inspection of fire sprinkler systems, and preventive maintenance with knowledge of multiple manufacturers' products.
- Responsible for operating with minimal supervision while performing fire protection inspections and 24 hour service.
- Perform routine inspections, testing, installing, services and preventative maintenance of life safety product lines.
- Inspect and service commercial fire sprinkler systems and associated equipment.
- Daily communications with Project Manager and/or Schedule Coordinator on inspection or project delays, requirements and general status of job.
- Work with Project Manager, Schedule Coordinator and Office Administrative Staff to ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client (Confirm that work is completed so it can be billed in full).
- Responsible for training apprentices on Company procedures, system inspection and installation techniques practiced.
- Present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, AHJs (Authorities Having Jurisdiction) and the general public.
Required Qualifications :
- Minimum 5 years experience with fire protection inspection.
- Strong working knowledge of life safety and NFPA codes.
- Working knowledge of sprinkler controls, alarm panels, devices and critical components.
- Able to complete documentation as necessary. Experience coordinating between inspection deficiencies and service required to correct found deficiencies.
- Must have valid driver's license.
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen, reference and background check.
Contact: Monique Kleiman