Hardware Engineer - Electronic Reliability / Obsolescence
Location : Ramsey NJ US 07446
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 18957-BZ-MK
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 6
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract position for an Electrical Engineer / Hardware Engineer to identify, verify, validate, and implement alternate electrical components on complex PCBAs in support of product life cycle sustaining activities.
- Responsible for verification and validation testing of electronic components for analog, digital and microprocessor based circuits
- Identification of obsolete component alternatives.
- Engineering Change Notice preparation.
- Generation and execution of Design Change Protocols and Reports which may require testing at external lab.
- Preparation and Chairing Design Reviews including preparation and distribution of meeting minutes.
- PCBA Failure Investigations.
- Remote and Onsite technical supplier support.
- Provide mentorship for junior engineers and technicians.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 6 years of experience designing microprocessor based and digital circuit boards, preferably in an FDA regulated environment.
- Experience with analog, digital, and microprocessor based circuits and PCBs.
- Experience with the theory behind verification and validation testing and be capable of creating test documentation (protocols)
- Must be capable of domestic and International travel for test labs and supplier visits.
- Experience with GMP and operating in a 21 CFR 820 compliant work environment is a plus.
- Experience with Cadence Allegro strongly preferred.
- Knowledgeable with the use of circuit simulation tools and design theory.
Contact: Monique Kleiman