Industrial Designer - Consumer Products
Location : West Caldwell NJ US 07006
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19062-JF1
Compensation : 50000.00 - 70000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BA Industrial Design
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Industrial Designer to design new products by creating hand sketches, 3D computer models in Solidworks or Rhino, 3D renderings or 2D renderings using Illustrator or Photoshop, and creating technical/control drawings
- Research retail market to create design criteria that will enhance customer satisfaction in new products.
- Testing market products to compare their best features and functions, along with reading online reviews.
- Work with in-house and contract engineers to design housing for products that will fit all necessary components and electronics.
- Address intellectual property concerns in design and engineering of new products.
- Create prototypes either by hand or by outsourcing to vendors for use in commercials and by sales team.
- Check manufacturers' prototypes for accuracy of design, materials, and finish and discuss any changes with manufacturers.
- Work with graphic designers to create logos, package layout, copy points, photos, and colors for packaging, instructions, and displays.
- Write copy for packaging, incorporating key selling points from commercial.
- Write clear, concise instructions for each new product.
- Proofread all printed materials for accuracy, spelling, and grammar.
- Assist legal team in acquiring documentation for trademarks and patents.
- Work with existing vendors to source products and packaging.
- Locate and manage new vendors to source new product categories.
Required Qualifications :
- BA Industrial Design
- Minimum 5 years experience with design and illustration for consumer products.
- Experience with Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Experience with SolidWorks of Rhino for 3D and 2D renderings.
- Experience with creating packaging and instructions for consumer products.
Contact: John Forsatz