Lead Software Engineer - Embedded C / C++
Location : Norwalk CT US 06850
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 19119-BZ-JT
Compensation : open - 70-80/h
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Computer Science
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract position for a Lead Software Engineer responsible for developing the software for a piece of hardware.
- Work with electrical engineers, mechatronic engineers and system engineers to define the software requirements.
- Responsible for the effort estimate and risk assessment.
- Lead the implementation with a team of software engineers.
- Make sure the software is delivered on time with high quality.
- Software development for robotics, image processing, complex algorithms, GUI and application software.
- Software design and documentation using UML.
- Responsible for implementing the design in C for existing modules and C++ for new modules.
- A single module is roughly a 100,000 lines of code.
- Auto and unit testers are written in Python.
- Collect the necessary data from testing to write a test report to be approved for software release.
- Development environment is Red Hat Linux and execution environment is Wind River Linux.
Required Qualifications :
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Minimum 5 years C/C++ programming experiences, with an emphasis on embedded system programming.
- Minimum 5 years Unix programming experiences, preferably on Solaris or Linux.
- Experience or proven ability in computational algorithms.
- Experience or proven ability in technical specifications.
- Experience or proven ability in designing complex software architecture.
- Experience in Python, is a plus.
- Experience in Clearcase, is a plus.
Contact: John Terkovich
To search all of our 100+ jobs, please visit www.TerkoTech.com
Please send all inquiries to John@TerkoTech.com