Machine Shop Supervisor - Estimator
Location : West Caldwell NJ US 07006
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 18828-JF-AS-2
Compensation : open
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Machine Shop Supervisor / Estimator for costing jobs for close tolerance precision production for CNC machining and manufacturing.
- Estimation of materials and labor requires for military and aerospace precision assemblies.
- Estimations for castings, extrusions and forgings in aluminum, stainless steel, alloys and plastics.
- Review customer quality and other requirements as they pertain to the item being estimated.
- Define the steps necessary to manufacture the part & have knowledge of material types, MIL-Specs, heat treating, plating, coating process specifications.
- Obtain and retain competitive pricing from approved suppliers or customer specified suppliers.
- Analyze costs, loss or gain on jobs when preparing estimates for repeat jobs.
Required Qualifications :
- Experience with estimation / costing for precision machined components for metals and plastics for bidding on jobs with perspective clients.
- Experience with machining processes and material types.
- Experience working with machining for MIL-Specs and AS9100 certifications.
- Experience analyzing costs when preparing job estimates.
SALARY DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE
Contact: Alex Salewycz