Maintenance Mechanic - Manufacturing Machinery
Location : Woodbridge NJ US 07095
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19145-MM1
Compensation : 25.00 - 35.00 USD/HOUR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : High School Diploma / GED
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Maintenance Mechanic for equipment used in manufacture of industrial instrumentation.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Maintenance and repairs following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications
- Troubleshooting of equipment malfunctions.
- Utilize precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices using hoists, cranes, and hand power tools.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts using rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques and monitoring compliance.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Required Qualifications :
- High School diploma or equivalent required, vocational degree in industrial maintenance preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, and mechanical systems.
- Experience with welding operations to make repairs or fabricate parts.
- Basic knowledge of electrical control and PLC systems.
- Able to use precision measuring instruments such as calipers and micrometers.
- Experience operating machine shop equipment, lathes, milling, drill press and pedestal grinders.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Contact: Mark Manz