Manufacturing Engineer - Defense / Aerospace
Location : Mahwah NJ US 07430
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19301-DE1
Compensation : 100000.00 - 120000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Manufacturing Engineer with extensive knowledge in development and continuous improvement of engineering and manufacturing production processes.
- Take the lead role in the laying out of the manufacturing process and product flow in order to ensure efficient product assembly of rugged electronics enclosures and consoles for the defense industry.
- Plans, designs and constructs manufacturing areas and related structures. Determines area specifications, including analysis and evaluation of assembly location, material resources, and structural design.
- Determines the manufacturing processes required to achieve manufacturing goals.
- Ensure LEAN and Six Sigma manufacturing techniques are incorporated in the engineering manufacturing processes.
- Runs Kaizens regularly to improve production flow and cycle times.
- Resolves technical problems and recommends production improvements.
- Consults with plant and manufacturing personnel to determine tool specifications and requirements.
- Evaluates tools and machinery to improve quality and performance.
- Assess and analyze current manufacturing processes.
- Develop and draft a plan and routing costs for all manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Devise and implement cost saving measures.
- Develop and implement efficient quality control processes.
- Track and analyze inventory records.
- Design and fabricate new tools, machines, equipment as needed.
- Frequently test all equipment for safety and effectiveness.
- Repair or redesign malfunctioning equipment
Required Qualifications :
- BS or MS in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering
- Lean Six Sigma Certified Black Belt or Master Black Belt.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 2 years experience in applying LEAN and SIX SIGMA tools in a manufacturing environment. Experience in utilizing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) particularly in working with Item Masters, BOM's and routings.
- Experience with data analysis programs and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience using CAD and CAM.
- Lean Six Sigma Tools.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks, Simulation and Flow.
- Familiar with MIL standards.
- Proven ability to manage, understand and appreciate the values of Quality, Cost and Schedules.
- Root Cause Analysis techniques.
Contact: Darren Elg