Manufacturing Engineer - PCB / Electronics (LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY)
Location : New Britain CT US 06053
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 18927-BZ-2
Compensation : 75000.00 - 85000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Manufacturing Engineer responsible for programming, process development, and production of SMT and thru-hole PCB soldering processes to achieve quality, yield and reliability targets.
- Responsible for all technical aspects of printed circuit board assembly equipment and related processes including maintenance (SMT, wave soldering, selective soldering, through hole assembly).
- Support new product introductions and review circuit board designs for manufacturability (DFM).
- Develop action plans through the evaluation of trend data and implement corrective actions to reduce rework and scrap.
- Analyze equipment process capabilities to determine needs for new equipment, expansion, and accessories.
- Improve processes using Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement tools.
- Understand and ensure operators and/or technicians are in compliance to the requirements of Quality Procedures and management system.
- Create procedures and relevant production documentation (i.e. work instructions, flow charts, PFMEA, control plan).
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years work experience with SMT placement, including operations, programming and maintenance of equipment (BGA/PGA, through-hole technologies, test equipment, cleaning and conformal coating / reflow profiling).
- In depth knowledge of electronic testing and troubleshooting from the system down to the component level.
- Certification for IPC A-610.
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience.
- Experience in manufacturing with lead-free processes.
- Familiar with PCB Layout software, Gerber, Orcad, panel design, stencil design, ESD Protection / Procedures.
- Knowledge of and ability to program stencil printing process, SPI (solder paste inspection), pick and place, AOI (automatic optical inspection).
- Knowledge of wave and selective soldering process, pallet design, thermal profiling for reflow process.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky