Location : Ridgewood NJ US 07450
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19251-BZ1
Compensation : 75000.00 - 80000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 4
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Manufacturing Engineer in fast paced and hands on, manufacturing environment for precision metal, wire and cable products for medical applications.
- Over half the time will be spent on the manufacturing floor.
- Provide technical support to the manufacturing operations on a wide variety of processes.
- Provide technical assistance and liaison to Manufacturing, Quality Assurance and other internal organizations.
- Troubleshoot and identify repair procedure.
- Identify root cause of defect and engineer a permanent solution using a process control approach.
- Investigate and identify sources of process variation.
- Develop and implement process improvements using Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Generate and modify manufacturing process documentation and training instructions/procedures.
- Train and oversee manufacturing technicians for completion of tasks.
- Hands-on work with production, quality and engineering personnel to resolve process issues.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering
- Minimum 4 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate engineering concepts to non-engineers.
- Good follow through with the ability to drive complete implementation of ideas is essential.
- Ability to understand and apply P-FMEA, Cpk and GR&R analysis to manufacturing processes.
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing methodology/tools (i.e. Value Stream Mapping, Kanban, 5S, Poka Yoke).
- Ability to manage multiple projects in fast paced, customer orientated manufacturing environment.
- Computer skills: experience in Windows environment & MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, databases).
- Experience with medical devices or in a regulated industry a plus.