Manufacturing Engineering Manager - Precision Machining
Location : Caldwell NJ US 07006
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19203-JF1
Compensation : 65000.00 - 85000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager for metal machining operations for precision parts for medical and aerospace applications.
- Managing engineering department, supervising programmers - new ideas suggestions.
- Provides expertise and guidance in analysis, modification and designs for multiple projects and/or projects of great complexity.
- Fully familiar with CNC Programming of Complex parts on CNC Machining Centers including Horizontal 4 and 5 axis.
- Optimization of manufacturing programs and fixturing to reduce costs and increase productivity.
- Experience with Aerospace and DOD Requirements and paperwork.
- Formulates and influences fundamental changes to company and industry sanctioned standards and specifications.
- Investigate and resolve technical problems involving existing product performance, manufacturing problems and production equipment or facility systems.
- Collaborate with in-house personnel and customers on product requirements, and advise and/or design product solutions to resolve problems.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Manufacturing Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years Manufacturing Engineering experience with hands-on experience working with process documentation and design of manufactured/assembled products.
- LEAN and SIX SIGMA background a plus.
- Proficiency in MasterCam, Pro/E, etc creating detail and assembly drawings.
- Proficiency in FEA.
- Experience working within a Document Control System.
- Experience with GD&T Desirable (Geometric Dimension & Tolerancing).
- Ability to recognize and understand Commercial aspects of the business. Effectively communicate with customers creating solutions to accommodate technical applications using engineering principals (creates quotes).
- Must be able to analyze requirements, functional specifications, design specifications, test plans and documentation.
- Strong analytical skills and creative design application of engineering principles.
Contact: John Forsatz