Manufacturing Process Engineer - Optical Components
Location : Somerset NJ US 08873
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19019-AB-MM
Compensation : 90000.00 - 110000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Optical Manufacturing Process Engineer to serve as technical liaison with contract manufacturing companies solving issues related to optical assembly processes.
- Develop new and improve existing automated production test platforms
- Responsible for developing assembly instructions & process documentation
- Coordinating quality, manufacturing lines, materials, and process development to support transferring of production lines moves and introducing of new products.
- Facilitate the implementation of engineering changes throughout product life cycle.
- Review existing processes & enhance them to improve yield, cycle time & quality.
- Evaluate materials and assemblies provided by suppliers according to specifications & quality standards.
- Support year over year cycle time reductions.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience with optical component & sub-system manufacturing, process development & production line development.
- Experience with resolving technical issues with CMs, developing lean manufacturing strategies & production line transfers to CMs is highly desirable.
- Ability to work with & provide direction to production technicians.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing, DFM/DFT & statistical tools
- Technology transfer experience.
- Good organization skills to plan and prioritize activities, perform and monitor multiple tasks to meet tight schedules.
- Six sigma & lean manufacturing back ground a plus.
- Able to travel 30% overseas, 2 weeks at a time.
Contact: Mark Manz