Mechanical Design Engineer - Injection Molding
Location : Passaic NJ US 07055
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19008-LL-MK
Compensation : 80000.00 - 90000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a mechanical engineer to develop new products and manufacturing processes to support R&D and production manufacturing programs.
- Design for manufacturing / assembly, product design, fixture design, manufacturing process design, automation design.
- Responsible for FEA / FMEA, Moldflow, SPC, manufacturing process optimization, requirements analysis, research new materials / technology / processes.
- Responsible for project management and technical management of outside vendors, contractors, and consultants.
- Lead and integrate multiple functional groups to solve and execute complex development and manufacturing projects.
- Assess the manufacturability of customer designs in relation to plastic, metal and ceramic injection molding processes.
- Utilize problem solving tools including Six Sigma, LEAN manufacturing, and DOE to solve development challenges, eliminate process variability, and resolve issues that impact part cost, quality and delivery.
- Develop engineering documents including quality plans, work instructions, process sheets and drawings, and maintains these within a controlled document (ECN) system.
- Support sales and customer service with quoting and cost analysis, manufacturing feasibility, and technical support.
- Work closely with QC/QA on inspection of manufactured parts.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience as Project, Process, Product or Manufacturing Engineer.
- Experience manufacturing, injection molding, tool / mold design, and automation.
- Experience with equipment and fixture design for low and high volume manufacturing.
- Experience with turning, milling, EDM, CNC machining operations.
- Experience with statistical concepts such as FMEA, Gage R&R, Capability Studies, SPC & DOE.
- Experience with engineering drawings including application and interpretation of GD&T.
- Fluent in CAD design using Solidworks (preferred) or Pro/ENGINEER.
- Experience in aerospace and/or defense manufacturing.
- Experience in polymer and metal injection molding a plus.
- Experience with stampings, forging or other metal forming processes also a plus
- Six-Sigma / Lean-Six-Sigma Green or Black Belt a plus.
- Must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain DoD clearance as this position is for a defense contractor.
Contact: Monique Kleiman