Mechanical Design Engineer
Location : Metuchen NJ US 08837
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19347-MK1
Compensation : 60000.00 - 90000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a mechanical design engineer to create and develop new products, automate design processes, and create or revise technical product information.
- Act as Lead Engineer on projects.
- Calculate cost and time schedules for proposed work and monitor costs throughout the project's life-cycle.
- Coordinate, design and schedule with other disciplines.
- Design valve systems to meet the latest industry standards and customer requirements using SolidWorks.
- Develop and maintain a high level of product knowledge.
- Document design-related decisions, meetings and instructions.
- Implement cost reduction programs.
- Perform complete new mechanical/electrical systems design to meet requirements.
- Provide engineering and/or technical support to customers.
- Research commercially-available equipment to specify equipment needed for projects.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years experience with design and machining of complex parts.
- Experience with SolidWorks.
- Strong knowledge of metals and weldments.
- Experience with UL, CSA and NSF certifications.
Contact: Monique Kleiman