Mechanical Designer - AutoCAD
Location : Clifton NJ US 07013
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 19247-MK1
Compensation : open - 25-30/h
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract to direct position for a Mechanical Designer to design, modify, and/or apply components and systems using engineering methods and techniques to meet specified technical objectives on time.
- Analyze and solve complex product design, application, manufacturing, installation and service problems.
- Analyze competitive product designs and report findings.
- Implement defect prevention procedures or processes in product design or application.
- Analyze new technologies for potential application in elevator and escalator products.
- Ability to design for manufacturability (DFM).
- Ability to comprehend architectural and structural building drawings.
- Finalize layout drawings in AutoCAD, including building specific details.
- Update layout drawings based on mark ups and technical updates.
- Create entrance drawings in AutoCAD based on templates and modify for building specific custom solutions.
- Create BOM and Special Material Lists from designed fixtures as required.
- Lead and support cost reduction projects.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with mechanical design using AutoCAD.
- Strong Multi-tasking and Organizational skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively, proactively and independently as well as in a team based environment.
- Minimum 2 years working experience in a product engineering or R&D role, or in project management.
- Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering Experience preferred.
- Experience with DFMEA, PFMEA or Six Sigma preferred.
- Experience with Solid Works, Pro/ENGINEER or CREO a plus
- Lean Manufacturing Experience is a plus.
Contact: Monique Kleiman