Mechanical Designer - AutoCAD
Location : Ramsey NJ US 07446
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19289-BZ1
Compensation : 55000.00 - 60000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : AAS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Mechanical Designer to design industrial air pollution control systems using AutoCAD and AutoPLANT 2D and 3D software.
- Design equipment per company standards.
- Produce full project sets of general arrangement and fabrication drawings for scrubber vessels and miscellaneous equipment items including system layouts of piping networks, ductwork, fans and stack along with complete bill of materials.
- Produce P&ID and PFD drawings.
- Responsible for revising equipment standards and conceptualizing new equipment designs and features to improve performance and expand product offerings.
- Working with a team of process engineers, project engineers and managers, communicating with component suppliers to obtain necessary system component drawings and other information required to complete project mechanical designs and required documentation needs.
- Working on the front end with sales and applications engineering personnel in designing and drafting scrubber systems to be included with sales proposals and customer presentations.
Required Qualifications :
- AAS Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Minimum 3 years experience in mechanical design and drafting wet scrubbers or process equipment/vessels and skidded equipment assemblies.
- Experience developing and drafting of interconnecting process and utility piping networks and supports, instrumentation and pump components as well as structural steel skid frames. Experience in designing piping networks and vessels in FRP and thermoplastic materials of construction a plus.
- Must be proficient in producing designs in 2D, 3D as well as isometrics.
- Ability to interpret and follow engineering and customer specifications for all equipment including applicable design codes.
- Familiar with ASME, AWS and other vessel code construction requirements and welding symbols along with process and instrumentation (P&ID) and process flow diagrams (PFD).
Contact: Bill Zukowsky