Mechanical Engineer - Automated Packaging
Location : Princeton NJ US 08540
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 19193-MM1
Compensation : open - 50-60/h
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract position for a Mechanical Engineer to evaluate the packaging lines to identify and implement automated packaging solutions to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Prepare preliminary design, flow sheets, equipment lists, layouts, estimates and operating costs for proposed projects to allow feasibility evaluation.
- Perform technical, packaging, process and equipment studies as requested communicating the results of studies to all functions concerned.
- Provides oversight of scope, budget, schedule, safety and environmental for capital projects.
- Interact closely with the Plants, R&D (eg Packaging Machine Group), IT, Purchasing, etc. to identify packaging line modifications for full-scale operation in the most economical and efficient manner.
- Direct the planning and preparation of individual capital projects and manage these projects from design and thru construction utilizing outside engineering firms, vendors, contractors, etc. as needed.
- Responsible for coordinating the transmissions of operating, packaging and processing technology within the project team to insure timely and accurate completion of their work.
- Ensure that standards, State codes, Federal laws and agency regulations such as OSHA and EPA are met for all capital projects managed by Corporate Engineering.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years experience in project engineering for packaging projects.
- Current experience in robotics, vision systems, and sensors.
Contact: Mark Manz