Mechanical Engineer / CAE Support
Location : Norwalk CT US 06850
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19158-BZ1
Compensation : 90000.00 - 110000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Mechanical Engineer and Computer Aided Engineering Support for engineering change processes for microelectronics utilizing Unigraphics NX11.
- Independently evaluate, select and apply standard data management techniques, procedures, and criteria to reduce overall data processing time.
- Implement and support Design and Configuration Management processes from the Computer Aided Engineering perspective
- Cooperate with other disciplines to ensure timely realization of Technical Product Documentation.
- Develop specifications for custom programming applications.
- Assist TC/NX users with everyday data management and CAD tasks including data access, release and configuration management, and best modeling techniques.
- Conduct software testing, troubleshooting, maintain reporting log.
- Ensure adequate documentation to describe CAD best practices and data management procedures.
- Prepare and deliver in-house training seminars; provide technical guidance to users.
- Collaborate with co-developers regarding CAD data exchange.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 2-3 years of Mechanical Design and Engineering Change experience.
- Minimum 3 years of NX experience is required, recent experience with NX11 preferred.
- Experience in technical publications is a plus.
- CMII certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of Engineering Data Management.
- Current knowledge of NX including large assembly management, design of mechanisms, and flexible geometry.
- Experience with continuous improvement processes in a peer team environment.
- Strong presentation skills, ability to teach up to 4-hour long classes.
- Working knowledge of HTML and MS SharePoint.
- Working knowledge of Captivate is a plus.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky