Mechanical Engineer - Commissioning Manager
Location : Somerville NJ US 08876
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19204-AS1
Compensation : 100000.00 - 155000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Field Engineer/Commissioning Engineer:
- Basic Job Function - The candidate will work on Construction Sites reporting to the NJ based Project Team. They will provide supervision and oversight and be the day to day point of contact for our client during the erection, punch list and commissioning of Air Cooled Condensers. This role requires that schedule; quality, erection / commissioning methodologies and contractual milestones are all considered while maintaining safety and environmental concerns, with a thorough understanding of the project documents and the engineering and project management functions. This position requires both attendance in the NJ office, and also domestic / international travel (>90%), and permanent residence at the various construction sites is required.
- Attend client and subcontractors meetings and create accurate meeting minutes with action items.
- Communicate with all project stakeholders such as the erection contractors; commissioning groups, clients, owner, suppliers, and the NJ based project management team regarding all site matters.
- Oversee construction, cold and hot commissioning of pumps, motors, gearboxes, fans, instrumentation, piping, valves, vacuum equipment, overall plant startup, etc., assist in planning and coordination of this work with all stakeholders and help ensure the accuracy and completion of project documents. Review schedules to help ensure the project is delivered on time.
- Manage and file all site documentation such as subcontractor's reports, ITPs, NCRs, RFIs, drawings, etc.
- Create and submit weekly and monthly reports, be able to compile reports and report site problems in a concise, accurate way to the main office with the use of photos, written report, hand drawn sketches, etc. The writing of memos, letters, change orders, answers to RFIs, NCRs, OS&Ds and other project documents as required.
- Make site inspections to monitor overall progress, quality of work and compliance to specifications.
- Approximate time in site office ~50%, field presence ~50%
- Work in both an office and site environment with varying degrees of noise, outdoors in all weathers, is able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb ladders and scaffold, work at heights with stooping and bending.
Required Qualifications :
- BS in Engineering or Construction or related subject is preferred, but experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience in construction, erection and commissioning of structural steel, ducting, piping, fans motor gearboxes, instruments, valves, tanks, vacuum equipment.
- Knowledge of the ASME, B31.1, B31.3, AWS, AISC and OSHA codes.
Contact: Alex Salewycz