Mechanical Engineer - HVAC / MEP
Location : Ridgewood NJ US 07450
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 18934-BZ
Compensation : 75000.00 - 90000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Mechanical Engineer for HVAC systems design.
- Complete HVAC equipment selection including steam boilers, hot water boilers, packaged DX cooling/gas heating RTU's/split AHU's (with other combinations of cooling and heating sources), VAV system, chillers/cooling towers, pumps, ductless split AC units, fans, boiler system associated equipment, etc.
- Complete equipment selection of unitary systems including unit ventilators, fan coil units, cabinet heaters, etc.
- Design of air side distribution system including low pressure and medium pressure ductwork, selection of air outlets/inlets etc.
- Design of water side distribution system including pumps selection, design of piping system, expansion tank, air separator etc.
- Preparing bid specifications using standard Masterspec format.
- Make site visits and prepare memo's during initial design phase as well as during construction administration phase.
- Knowledge of codes and standards.
- Review of contractor's submittals and shop drawings during construction administration phase.
Required Qualifications :
- BS - Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in designing HVAC systems.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Revit is required.
- PE license preferred.
- Cooling and Heating load calculations.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky