Mechanical Engineer - Injection Molding
Location : Passaic NJ US 07055
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19007-LL-MK
Compensation : 80000.00 - 90000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a mechanical engineer to create new manufacturing processes for new products and improve manufacturing processes for legacy products.
- Drive continuous improvement while also responsible for generating production, process, and work instruction documentation to ensure successful and timely launches of new business.
- Design of sintering setters / furniture for MIM parts, creation of production process utilizing setters.
- Design of coining / sizing fixtures for MIM parts, creation of production process utilizing fixtures.
- Responsible for specification of part heat treatment, coatings, etc.
- Assess the manufacturability of customer designs in relation to plastic, metal and ceramic injection molding processes.
- Utilize problem solving tools including Six Sigma, LEAN manufacturing, and DOE to solve development challenges, eliminate process variability, and resolve issues that impact part cost, quality and delivery.
- Develop engineering documents including quality plans, work instructions, process sheets and drawings, and maintains these within a controlled document (ECN) system.
- Work closely with QC/QA on inspection of manufactured parts.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience as Project, Process, Product or Manufacturing Engineer.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing, injection molding, tool / mold design, and automation.
- Experience with equipment and fixture design for low and high volume manufacturing.
- Experience with turning, milling, EDM, and CNC machining operations.
- Familiar with statistical concepts such as FMEA, Gage R&R, Capability Studies, SPC & DOE.
- Experience reading engineering drawings including application and interpretation of GD&T.
- Experience with CAD design using Solidworks (preferred) or Pro/ENGINEER
- Experience in manufacturing for medical devices, aerospace, or defense.
- Experience in polymer and metal injection molding a plus.
- Experience with stampings, forging or other metal forming processes also a plus
- Six-Sigma / Lean-Six-Sigma Green or Black Belt a plus.
- Must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain DoD clearance as this position is for a defense contractor.
Contact: Monique Kleiman