Senior Project Engineer - Medical Devices
Location : Blauvelt NY US 10913
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 18954-BZ-MK
Compensation : 100000.00 - 125000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Senior Project Engineer who shall participate in the development of new videoscope technologies.
- Propose design solutions, identify new image sensor technologies and coordinate development activities with external contractors and suppliers.
- Manage development programs for next generation video endoscopy systems.
- Responsible for the development of new scope technologies and designs for use in videoscopes and video processors, including imaging sensors (CMOS), video processors and LED illumination.
- Lead technology development and product development projects.
- Analyze and resolve technical problems affecting current products.
- Create/review product documentation including product specifications, schedules, budgets and product development documentation.
- Prepare design verification test protocols, oversee testing and prepare test reports.
- Coordinate with other departments for clinical design validation or manufacturing process validation activities.
- Provide periodic updates to management team.
- Ensure compliance to company design control and quality system requirements for new or modified products.
- Provide engineering support to the manufacturing and QA groups as needed.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives associated with product development.
Required Qualifications :
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related discipline as a minimum.
- Minimum 5 years experience with electronics design.
- Experience with development of endoscopes and medical products is highly desirable.
- Five to ten years experience in electronics project management, including collaboration with outside vendors and contractors.
- Experience with image sensors, optics, lighting, and video desired.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, for interaction at all levels.
- Good organizational skills; able to work independently; ability to handle multiple projects.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other productivity suite applications.
Contact: Monique Kleiman