Mechanical Engineer - Medical Devices
Location : Blauvelt NY US 10913
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 18954-BZ-MK
Compensation : 80000.00 - 90000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Mechanical Engineer for design and development of medical devices and instrumentation.
- Responsible for the development of new scope technologies and designs for use in fiberscopes, videoscopes, video processors and accessory products including imaging sensor (CCD), video processing, LED illumination and articulating insertion tubes.
- Lead technology development and product development projects.
- Analyze and resolve technical problems affecting current products.
- Develop test fixtures to be utilized by R&D and manufacturing.
- Provide engineering support to the endoscope manufacturing line; train technicians for building and testing new assemblies.
- Perform tolerance analysis for parts and assemblies.
- Create/review product documentation including product specifications, drawings, bills of materials, manufacturing process documents and inspection documentation.
- Prepare design verification test protocols, conduct testing and prepare test reports. Support other departments with clinical design validation or manufacturing process validation activities.
- Provide periodic updates to management team
- Ensure compliance to company design control and quality system requirements for new or modified products.
- Provide engineering support to the manufacturing and QA groups as needed.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives associated with product development.
Required Qualifications :
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline as a minimum.
- Minimum 5 years experience with mechanical design and development of medical products is highly desirable.
- Experience with optics, lighting, and video desired.
- Working knowledge of standard processes for fabrication of metallic and plastic parts.
- Ability to build and test prototypes.
- Proficient with 3D parametric CADD tools particularly with Solidworks as well as 2D tools.
Contact: Monique Kleiman