Mechanical Engineer - Product Development
Location : West Caldwell NJ US 07006
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19122-JF1
Compensation : 80000.00 - 100000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Mechanical Engineer for product development from cradle to grave.
- Responsible for part & assembly design, 3D modeling and parametric modeling.
- Responsible for 2D drawing creation and GDT.
- Design of electromechanical products and assemblies.
- Troubleshoot samples and prototypes made from plastics, sheet metal, castings,and extrusions.
- Coordinate with outside resources to expedite development.
- High volume production and quality oversight.
- Travel overseas as needed for oversight on development and production
- Conference with suppliers to finalize design decisions and layout production plans, including tooling and equipment development, and production schedules.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience with product development.
- Experience with 3D and parametric modeling.
- Experience with plastic, sheet metal, castings and extrusions design for parts and assemblies.
- Experience with electromechanical design.
- Ability to travel overseas as needed.
- Experience troubleshooting production issues in a high volume production environment, and determine if issues are production, quality or design related.
Contact: John Forsatz