Mechanical Engineer - Senior Project Engineer
Location : Princeton NJ US 08540
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 18824-AB
Compensation : 80000.00 - 100000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Manufacturing
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Mechanical Engineer to work as Senior Project Engineer managing projects for mechanical design and product development of automotive parts.
- Interface with customers on the phone and in-person to develop customized products and meet their applications and deadlines.
- Complete product development project management including design, drawings, solid modeling, scheduling, documentation, and Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis.
- Ensure compliance with technical requirements with subcontractors and internal departments. Resolve design and manufacturing issues with co-workers.
- Run physical testing along with simulation and engineering calculations.
- Generate technical reports and provide new process training.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years experience in design and project management.
- Experience in solid modeling (Creo preferred) and structural FEA (ANSYS preferred).
- Knowledge of elastomer molding process and component design.
- Knowledge of mechanical properties of materials, including stress and strain analysis.
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods including forging, casting, and CNC machining.
- Knowledge of DFMEA and simulation vs. test correlation.
- Automotive product design experience strongly preferred.
- Detail oriented, self-starting, well organized with time and project management skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Up to 20% travel.
Contact: Allan Berman