Location : Piscataway NJ US 08854
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 19476-AB1
Compensation : open - 45-60/h
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract position for a Mechanical Engineer for design of piping systems for a large petrochemical storage terminal project.
- Hydraulic calculations, thermodynamic calculations for petrochemical storage terminal piping systems using Flow of Fluids.
- Design of piping and mechanical systems.
- Generation and coordination of PFD's and P&ID's using AutoCAD. Overseeing work of designers and drafters.
- Some travel to Texas project site for walkdowns and site surveys may be required.
- Knowledge and use of codes including API, ASME, ASTM, NFPA, ASHRAE, etc.
- BOMs, material take offs, equipment selection and procurement for piping, tanks, equipment, etc and labor.
- Acquiring quotations from vendors for pumps, boilers, valves, pipes, insulation, gas regulators, air compressors and receivers, etc.
- Interfacing with clients over the phone and in-person meetings.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering plus at least 10 years industry experience.
- Experience in piping design for oil / petrochemical storage facilities (terminals).
- Experience in AutoCAD a plus
- Experience with hydraulic calculations using Flow of Fluids, PipeFlo or other software.