Mechanical Project Engineer - HVAC / Boilers
Location : Maspeth NY US 11378
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19244-JF1
Compensation : 50000.00 - 70000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Mechanical Project Engineer to design and engineer new products for HVAC / boiler systems.
- Redesign and improve existing products.
- Work with outside industrial designers.
- Review customer specifications.
- Prepare manufacturing drawings, documentation packages and specifications.
- Prepare bills of materials and costing.
- Generate inspection procedures and test plans and specify test equipment.
- Evaluate engineering, production and quality problems, test samples, analyze results and prepare reports.
- Provide technical assistance to internal sales, customer service and technical service departments.
- Work with vendors in product design, selection of materials, processes and in corrective actions.
- Review compliance with ASME, UL, CSA, NEC, international, state and local codes and standards.
- Prepare instruction manuals and review sales literature to technical accuracy
- Prepare, coordinate builds and maintain samples for sales department.
- Create and maintain new product development history documentation.
- Perform inspection of boilers, residential steam bath generators, controls as required.
- Assist customers to resolve field issues.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years experience with boiler / HVAC design.
- Experience with SolidWorks for design.
- Experience with technical writing for instruction manuals and sales literature.
- BAS (building automation system) experience desired.
- Basic Electrical knowledge, comfortable working on electric equipment.
- Basic plumbing knowledge.
- Minimal travel.
Contact: John Forsatz