Mechanical Repair Technician - FAA (LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY)
Location : Union NJ US 07083
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 18981-JF1
Compensation : open - 30-35/h
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : High School Diploma / GED
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract to direct position for a Mechanical Repair Technician for electromechanical products.
- Perform disassembly, repair, or overhaul of product as required to generate a working unit.
- Set up and perform testing to written procedures, record test data product performance per FAA regulation
- Test, inspect, and troubleshoot to determine incoming product discrepancies. Repair and or overhaul products per blueprints, overhaul manuals, customer specs, as well verbal instructions from management and engineering staff.
- Assemble test setups and perform testing in accordance with standards, manuals, and verbal instructions from management and engineering staff.
- Perform above duties on direct acting, pilot operated, balance operated, latching valves, regulators, and accumulators.
- Use blueprints and specifications to align, adjust, and match parts and subassemblies to required tolerances and fits.
- Perform complex machining operations including drilling, tapping and lathe turning to restore valve components to required dimensions and finishes.
- Inspection with the use of measuring equipment, including different types of micrometers, depth gages, dial indicators, and optical comparator.
- Perform soldering of electrical components to Military specification as well as company requirements.
- Move material, parts and finished product to and from work area.
- Maintain the work area in a clean and orderly manner at all times.
- Work within the team to ensure accurate and timely response to customer requirements.
Required Qualifications :
- High School or Vocational School Graduate.
- Minimum 3 years mechanical assembly with a working knowledge of assembly blueprints.
- Experience with measuring equipment, including different types of micrometers, depth gages, dial indicators, and optical comparator.
- Experience with complex machining operations.
- A & P License (Airframe and Powerplant) issued by the FAA is REQUIRED.
Contact: John Forsatz